Devices disconnect and need repairing all the time

But does it support the same amount of manufacturers as zigbee2mqtt?
I would really like to see the issues here addressed as I think it would be a better product.
If it worked that is… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I 100% agree! It COULD be better… But conbee supports every device i have and they are all working :slight_smile: ive never had that happen with zigbee2mqtt, amd ive been trying for a LONG time

My temp sensor wasnt staying after a restart so i fixed it by going to the zigbee2mgtt folder and editting the devices file with retain: true
seems to fix my problems

@Koenkk I’m here to help figure this out.
It’s random the “sleep” of the devices. I don’t have to do nothing for then to wake up and start working again. There are times when I just reboot the server instead of waiting for them to wake up. But that’s not the modus operandi.
What kind of debug/log do you need me todo?
My setup is a coordinator and a router sold by the guy at the forum. Then I have a lot of routers, xiaomi plugs. You can see that on the network picture. Network range shouldn’t be a problem.
Let me know what you need. Use me as lab rat :slight_smile:
Thanks.
Regards.

Rui

Today.

I have been using Deconz and Conbee for a couple of years and while pretty stable it is a closed source product and getting it to work with new kinds of devices is a struggle. It supports much less. The WEB UI is pretty and great for simple supported stuff (plus great button configurator) but mostly not needed. The Deconz app itself is a desktop app that is powerful but old-school with a low UX (I ran headless without the UI).

I’m now more intrigued by editing a js file myself in zigbee-herdsman to add new kinds of devices (and keeping all my system in Node-RED, Homebridge and Javascript). Also getting the powerful CC2652.

This is alarming if common though.

For example this happened just now.
I enter the WC and both motion triggered but the light didn’t turn on.

LOG:
info 2019-11-18 22:09:46: MQTT publish: topic ‘zigbee2mqtt/Piso0_WC_Light’, payload ‘{“state”:“OFF”,“linkquality”:63,“power”:0,“voltage”:null,“consumption”:2.63,“temperature”:22}’
error 2019-11-18 22:10:34: Publish ‘set’ ‘state’ to ‘Piso0_WC_Light’ failed: ‘Error: Data request failed with error: ‘No network route’ (205)’
info 2019-11-18 22:10:34: MQTT publish: topic ‘zigbee2mqtt/bridge/log’, payload ‘{“type”:“zigbee_publish_error”,“message”:“Publish ‘set’ ‘state’ to ‘Piso0_WC_Light’ failed: ‘Error: Data request failed with error: ‘No network route’ (205)’”,“meta”:{“friendly_name”:“Piso0_WC_Light”}}’
error 2019-11-18 22:10:36: Publish ‘set’ ‘state’ to ‘Piso0_WC_Light’ failed: ‘Error: Data request failed with error: ‘No network route’ (205)’
info 2019-11-18 22:10:36: MQTT publish: topic ‘zigbee2mqtt/bridge/log’, payload ‘{“type”:“zigbee_publish_error”,“message”:“Publish ‘set’ ‘state’ to ‘Piso0_WC_Light’ failed: ‘Error: Data request failed with error: ‘No network route’ (205)’”,“meta”:{“friendly_name”:“Piso0_WC_Light”}}’
error 2019-11-18 22:11:00: Publish ‘set’ ‘state’ to ‘Piso0_WC_Light’ failed: ‘Error: Data request failed with error: ‘No network route’ (205)’
info 2019-11-18 22:11:00: MQTT publish: topic ‘zigbee2mqtt/bridge/log’, payload ‘{“type”:“zigbee_publish_error”,“message”:“Publish ‘set’ ‘state’ to ‘Piso0_WC_Light’ failed: ‘Error: Data request failed with error: ‘No network route’ (205)’”,“meta”:{“friendly_name”:“Piso0_WC_Light”}}’
error 2019-11-18 22:11:06: Publish ‘set’ ‘state’ to ‘Piso0_WC_Light’ failed: ‘Error: Data request failed with error: ‘No network route’ (205)’
info 2019-11-18 22:11:06: MQTT publish: topic ‘zigbee2mqtt/bridge/log’, payload ‘{“type”:“zigbee_publish_error”,“message”:“Publish ‘set’ ‘state’ to ‘Piso0_WC_Light’ failed: ‘Error: Data request failed with error: ‘No network route’ (205)’”,“meta”:{“friendly_name”:“Piso0_WC_Light”}}’
“0x00XXXXXXXXXXX” [style=“rounded, filled”, fillcolor="#4ea3e0", fontcolor="#ffffff", label="{Piso0_WC_Light|0x00XXXXXXXXXXX (44464)|Xiaomi Mi power plug ZigBee (ZNCZ02LM)|2019-11-18T22:11:05+00:00}"];
error 2019-11-18 22:11:09: Publish ‘set’ ‘state’ to ‘Piso0_WC_Light’ failed: ‘Error: Data request failed with error: ‘No network route’ (205)’
info 2019-11-18 22:11:09: MQTT publish: topic ‘zigbee2mqtt/bridge/log’, payload ‘{“type”:“zigbee_publish_error”,“message”:“Publish ‘set’ ‘state’ to ‘Piso0_WC_Light’ failed: ‘Error: Data request failed with error: ‘No network route’ (205)’”,“meta”:{“friendly_name”:“Piso0_WC_Light”}}’
info 2019-11-18 22:11:16: MQTT publish: topic ‘zigbee2mqtt/Piso0_WC_Light’, payload ‘{“state”:“ON”,“linkquality”:63,“power”:0,“voltage”:null,“consumption”:2.63,“temperature”:22}’
info 2019-11-18 22:11:16: MQTT publish: topic ‘zigbee2mqtt/Piso0_WC_Light’, payload ‘{“state”:“ON”,“linkquality”:63,“power”:0,“voltage”:null,“consumption”:2.63,“temperature”:22}’
info 2019-11-18 22:11:19: MQTT publish: topic ‘zigbee2mqtt/Piso0_WC_Light’, payload ‘{“state”:“ON”,“linkquality”:63,“power”:4.52,“voltage”:null,“consumption”:2.63,“temperature”:22}’
error 2019-11-18 22:13:37: Publish ‘set’ ‘state’ to ‘Piso0_WC_Light’ failed: ‘Error: Data request failed with error: ‘No network route’ (205)’
info 2019-11-18 22:13:37: MQTT publish: topic ‘zigbee2mqtt/bridge/log’, payload ‘{“type”:“zigbee_publish_error”,“message”:“Publish ‘set’ ‘state’ to ‘Piso0_WC_Light’ failed: ‘Error: Data request failed with error: ‘No network route’ (205)’”,“meta”:{“friendly_name”:“Piso0_WC_Light”}}’

After hitting the turn on button several times it worked. Now I’m in the WC and after 2 minutes the light turned off… I’m scared now, it doesn’t turn on :slight_smile: heh

Well don’t know why the problem happens…

Help @Koenkk?

i tried for so so so so long to get this working, and @Koenkk is likely too busy to try get this sorted as ive offered to do anything he likes to help get to the bottom of this here and on other places as well and never get anything back from him.
Glad i moved my system away from this as its still working flawlessly… no issues at all!
actually, i have 2 devices that dont work. Both vibration sensors. One is outside in the rain at the very very edge of my range… and the other is mounted to the stairs in my house and dont actually move, so havent heard from that sensor in a while because of that i assume.

Hi,

Just read your experiences and this conversation. I thought I’d share my experiences as it may help. Not technically necessarily, but mentally as I was in a similar position to you with my frustrations.

I have a Samsung SmartThings and Hue hub and have been using these for a while and thoroughly enjoying a ‘smart’ (ish) home. I’ve looking to move to zigbee2MQTT for reasons of sometimes not having any internet access due to rural my location (and power cuts, but then smart homes don’t mitigate power cuts). So I wanted something that didn’t mean my home became all of a sudden very dumb when I had no internet access.

I tried the zigbee2mqtt route and bought 3 of the CC2531 dongles and flashed them with various stacks - non source routing, source routing, router etc… all sorts. Like you I never had what I considered to be a reliable network with devices dropping off, stopping reporting and needing to be re-paired constantly.

What I noticed when looking at network maps was that my link quality was often really poor between devices. Always seemingly below 100 (out of a max of 255 that’s below half signal quality, yuck) and often much lower. I tried the hacks with external antennas on the CC2531’s, but I ultimately felt that those little dongles just aren’t up to the job. They’re being used for something they weren’t really designed for.

As Z2M can support the more recent CC2652 chipset which is more powerful, can support more devices and better RF I bit the bullet and ordered the Ti Launchpad board (LAUNCHXL-CC26X2R1) Mouser in UK (I’m UK based). Flashing the Z-stack 3.0 code was easy; I use Linux and used Uniflash so can’t comment on ease of flashing with Windows, but read all sorts of nightmares (why do people put up with Windows?).

The Z2M network is by no means large and I migrated it across to the latest dev Z2M and used the CC26XR1 as coordinator. For reference my Z2M setup is now :

• All run through my main Linux desktop PC (powerful, i7 16gig ram etc), not through an RPi. I started on an RPi, but thought maybe that was the cause of my problems, so I moved it to my main PC. I may well move this all back to a Pi if I can get it stable.
  • I have Home Assistant running though Docker Hass.io with Mosquitto broker as an addon as well as the integrations for SmartThings and MQTT.
  • I use Node Red with Home Assistant and sometimes MQTT for automation (I never got on with HA automation) and this also runs on the main PC.
    I run Z2m completely separately of Hass.io as I don’t like docker.

My Z2M zigbee network is small:
1 x CC26XR1 as coordinator
15 x lights/outlets that are acting as router devices - various makes/models Innr, Osram, Samsung, Ikea
7 x node devices - again various, but mainly Xiaomi motion and temp/humidity. I have migrated just one Samsung button, but that’s been playing around a little and I’ve raised an issue on Koen K’s github page.

I have probably the same number of devices again still on my Samsung setup with a home energy Z-Wave device that may have to remain on Samsung unless I can introduce a Z-Wave dongle to my setup. I plan to migrate as much from my Samsung to Z2M as possible once it’s stable.

Very long and rambling story short, using the CC26XR1 as a coordinator is like night and day compared with the CC2531s. I envisaged I would have to take on the task of moving the tiny capacitor on the CC26XR1 so I could install an external antenna, but so far the on PCB antenna on the CC26XR1 is working brilliantly and as I said giving excellent link quality to all my devices.

While it was fun playing with the CC2531s, in my personal opinion I don’t think they’re up to the job of a large zigbee network in a medium to large house. Other people’s mileage may vary, but I was just as frustrated as you sound with Z2M until I changed to a better coordinator device. I appreciate doing things on a shoestring, but this is one area where the $40/£42 (for me) investment is absolutely worth it!

Good luck

2 Likes

@Stuart could you please share what you housed the CC26X2R1 in? like you in the UK and wondering what options we have here.

Also I understand the CC26X2R1 function correctly it will house the entire zigbee2mqtt on it? Or do you only flash the firmware to it, but then what does the board connect to?? I am super confused about this part and not sure how this whole thing pieces together. What guides did you follow for this setup?

I am also having nightmwares with my network stability, tried the remote device setup and it just crashes with errors like the below.

zigbee2mqtt:error 2020-03-05 08:25:08: Publish 'set' 'state' to 'light_hallway_front' failed: 'Error: Command 0x001788010279726f/11 genOnOff.on({}, {"timeout":6000,"manufacturerCode":null,"disableDefaultResponse":false}) failed (Error: Timeout - 32780 - 11 - 6 - 6 - 11 after 6000ms)'
zigbee2mqtt:info  2020-03-05 08:25:08: MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/log', payload '{"type":"zigbee_publish_error","message":"Publish 'set' 'state' to 'light_hallway_front' failed: 'Error: Command 0x001788010279726f/11 genOnOff.on({}, {\"timeout\":6000,\"manufacturerCode\":null,\"disableDefaultResponse\":false}) failed (Error: Timeout - 32780 - 11 - 6 - 6 - 11 after 6000ms)'","meta":{"friendly_name":"light_hallway_front"}}'

Hi @nickcj

It’s difficult on forums to fully know someone’s level of knowledge so I apologise if I’ve detailed stuff you already know. I’ve just tried to be as complete and detailed as possible. Hopefully it will be useful to other’s as well. I should say I mainly use Linux at home so everything I do is with a Linux hat on. I’ve therefore not gone into the details of how to flash the board as this is different when using Windows and Linux and there are even different ways of doing it on both. There are guides you can find online and you can download the software from Texas Instruments that allows you to flash the board. I personally did try my Windows laptop at first to flash the board but I had issues. As usual once I tried the Uniflash software on Linux to flash the board I found it just worked.

Re what the CC26X2R1 is: The CC26X2R1 is a development board that has the CC2652 wireless MCU, PCB antenna etc providing the Zigbee functionality (this is everything to the right of the central set of black jumper pins on the board in the picture below). The board also has a USB interface to allow you to interface with and programme the CC2652 chip and provide power and some other things like buttons for test purposes (this everything to the left of the jumpers in the pic). The board also breaks out many of the IO pins for the CC2652 chip to easy to access pin headers to allow you to develop your own apps or hardware devices that interface with the CC2562 (these are the rows of pins above and below the chip on the right side of the board). As far as I’m aware you won’t be able to run the Zigbee2MQTT software on it and use it as a Zigbee2MQTT server as it’s not an actual full single board computer as such. At least not that I’m aware of, but I could be wrong. I don’t think I am wrong though.

Re what firmware to flash onto the board: You flash the CC26X2R1 board with the ‘Z-Stack_3.x.0’ firmware that @Koenkk has on his Github page (https://github.com/Koenkk/Z-Stack-firmware/tree/master/coordinator/Z-Stack_3.x.0/bin). Download the ZIP file (current file is CC26X2R1_20191106.zip) which contains the .hex file and that is what you flash to the CC26X2R1. Note: This is the master branch for the Z-Stack 3.x.0 firmware. @koenkk also maintains a development branch here that has a newer firmware, but is obviously development. But then with the CC26X2R1, it’s all pretty much in development and ‘beta’ as the board itself is a development board.

Re how you connect the board: The reason the CC26X2R1 board is handy is because it has the USB interface and support circuitry that allows you to flash the firmware to the CC2652 chip. If you’ve used a CC2531 USB dongle then maybe you have had to go through the hassle of using the CC-Debugger unit to programme it. This isn’t necessary with the CC26X2R1, you can programme it directly over it’s USB connection. This same USB connection is how you connect the board to the PC that will run Zigbee2MQTT. The CC26X2R1 board I purchased even came with a short USB cable for the board.

Re using the board for Zigbee2MQTT: Once you have flashed the firmware to the CC26X2R1 board it connects via USB directly to whatever PC is running the Zigbee2MQTT software. It shows up as a serial device just like the CC2531 does. Except, one small thing to note, because it offers a little more with all the support circuitry for development purposes it actually shows up as two serial devices on the PC. You just have to make sure you choose the correct one that talks directly to the CC2652 chip (which for me on Linux is /dev/ttyACM0) when configuring the Zigbee2MQTT software.

Re the housing: I did just have my board sitting on my desk plugged into my PC. I had a scare where I thought I dragged the metal end of a USB cable over it and so I thought I should protect it. I had an old plastic box for an Orange Pi single board computer that I don’t use any more so I put it in that. It’s not ideal - see the large fan hole in it below - but it offers more protection than sitting bare on my desk. I haven’t fixed the board in it, it just rests on it’s side at the back of my desk.

I have read that there are people offering 3D print files that will allow you to print your own case for the CC26X2R1 if you have a 3D printer. I don’t have a 3D printer so I just went with what I had.

My cherished CC26X2R1 board in it’s makeshift housing:

General observations since using the CC26X2R1 with Zigbee2MQTT:

Reliability: My Zigbee network is now much more reliable!! I still have the odd device that will drop off, but I notice this with battery powered devices mainly - temperature, motion, contact sensors. I might have paired them near to the CC26X2R1 coordinator and then moved them away to a remote part of my house. They seem to want to keep their connection directly to the coordinator and therefore get a very weak link quality. If they are in range of a Zigbee router device like a plug or light bulb I try to re-pair them in their actual location and they will often pair through the router device and get a much higher link quality. This tends to make them drop off a lot less. But my experience is that some devices just seem to drop off and only re-pairing will get them back. Mainly battery powered ones and often Xiaomi temperature (the round ones) and motion sensors.

I’ve found with powered devices like bulbs and sockets that they rarely drop off. But I have had a couple of bulbs that have produced errors like you are seeing with the 6 second timeouts. Most of the time this was when I was using the CC2531. I had one bulb that had problems on the CC26X2R1. It seemed to be in a signal black spot are in my house and had link quality issues and timeout issues. I think it may have been affected by a very local 2.4Ghz Wifi device… my Roomba (lazy man vacuum cleaner)

Re 2.4Ghz WiFi: I have made sure that my in-house 2.4Ghz WiFi is as far away channel wise to the Zigbee network as possible. With the CC26X2R1 unless you really want to get into changing the firmware, it is fixed to Zigbee channel 11 (centred around 2.405Ghz) . This frequency is within the channel 1 frequencies for a standard 2.4Ghz WiFi network (2.401Ghz to 2.423Ghz). So if your home WiFi uses 2.4Ghz and is configured using channel 1 or even other low frequency channels you may have interference issues with your Zigbee network. Personally I have set my 2.4Ghz WiFi channel to 11 to try to avoid as much interference as possible between my Zigbee and 2.4Ghz WiFi devices. Unfortunately I have two devices that can’t be configured to use 5Ghz WiFi otherwise I would turn off my 2.4Ghz WiFi completely.

I am now very happy using Zigbee2MQTT and my network is now reliable enough that I have dedicated a Raspberry Pi 4 to the task of being my Zigbee2MQTT ‘server’ and moved it off of my high power main PC. I was using my main PC to prove that it wasn’t the PC causing any performance issues. It’s not. I’m now convinced that most of my performance related issues with errors and dropouts were related to the under-powered CC2531 that I started with.

Edit: I almost forgot. Re what guides I’ve followed: Most of the information I’ve used has come from @Koenkk excellent Zigbee2MQTT website and Github page. Also this Discourse group. I’ve been in IT professionally for over 35 years and used Linux as my primary home OS for 15 of those now so I also rely a lot on personal knowledge and experience. That isn’t to say that I don’t have to rely on online guides when it comes to programming in C, JSON and using Docker (which I hate) and I would rate my self as very amateur in those topics. I usually just search for the specific thing I want to know. I am thoroughly enjoying using Zigbee2MQTT with Home Assistant and Node Red now for automation and I’m learning tons and having fun. If only I could get the last few remaining devices that aren’t supported on Zigbee2MQTT off of my Samsung hub I’d have a fully internet free home setup! :grinning:

I hope you’ve found this useful and I’m happy to answer any further questions you may have.

Stuart

3 Likes

Wow @Stuart thanks for your time writing that! Super helpful, can never go into too much detail haha. And becasue this is public hopefully will help many more people like me! So a big thankyou for the time and effort you took above mate. :raised_hands:

I’ve took the plunge and ordered one of the boards, so excited to migrate (hopefully last time) my zigbee network.

I have managed to plaster fix my current dinky CC2531 network and changed the channel the other day, couldnt believe my luck that Unifi latest release has launched their WiFi AI (Auto enabled) and that bloody thing changed my WiFi channel, which no doubt is the thing that caused the crash, as it happened about the same time as update!! AI my back side…I’ll pick what I want haha, thanks but no thanks.

So a note to any other poor souls, if you have “Smart Wifi”, its not really that smart so check its not channel hopping.

With reference to cases, I don’t have a 3D printer but in Jan this year I did use the design from @jwillmer for my pi zero case and ordered it from https://www.treatstock.co.uk

Worked great!

Basically it has people who offer their 3D printer service for you and they will print and post any design to you, for a fee ofcourse. TreatStock is the only place I found that has UK 3D printers.
And becasue I have OCD and I plan on installing this far from my main network/server I am wanting a neat and safe finish. :smiley:

In between my last post and yours, I did find a case design for CC26X2R1 board LaunchXL-CC1352P / CC2652R which goes through to TreatStock for placing an order. The one on the zigbee2mqtt site 3D Cases doesnt have the ThingVerse launcher and because I have no clue what I am doing id rather it do it for me haha.

So create a TreatStock.co.uk account then go back to thingverse and launch app, it will then load all the files. I notcied that there is an error and passes through 3 files, there are only 2 (top and bottom case) so just delete the failed one.

I ordered My Pi Zero case through the maker called Seaside 3D work was good, communication was good and didnt take long once the work was accepted.

No problem @nickcj, it was a quiet evening and I’m happy to help.

One thing I find frustrating is that “how to” guides that you find online are very specific to that person’s setup and unless your setup is identical to theirs, they are often useless, or at least less useful to you.

That’s why I prefer experiential or educational guides that give me general information that I can learn from and apply to my specific situation. Often I will have to follow a ‘how to’ as close as possible, learn from it and then apply that learning to my specific situation - that’s partly why I didn’t offer exact guides. It’s the difference between ‘give a man a fish’ and ‘teach a man to fish’ I suppose :grin:

I hope that the CC26X2R1 does fix your problems otherwise I’ll be to blame :laughing: All I can say is, it definitely fixed mine.

Thanks for the tip re Unifi AI. I run 2 Unifi APs with a Docker based Unifi console. I’ve not seen anything yet of this Smart Wifi of which you speak, but I’ll now keep any eye out for any updates. I too like to be in control of my IT!

As I I’ve already said I’ve moved my 2.4Ghz WiFi to channel to 11, but also you have the luxury with the Unifi APs to reduced the RF radio power output. For my main AP I’ve dropped the power of the 2.4Ghz radio to low. My Roomba doesn’t seem to care and the other two devices that need 2.4Ghz WiFi are located near the AP I’ve left at full power.

Thanks for the info re cases. I enjoy woodworking too and I have a couple of pieces of perspex left over from a previous project so I was thinking of designing and making a wooden framed box with perspex top/bottom to house my CC26X2R1 along with the Pi 4, powered USB hub and SSD drive (I’ve had too many bad experiences with MicroSD cards on Pis).

There isn’t a ton of information about the RF transparency of wood versus perspex at 2.4GHz, but from what I have read, at 2Ghz 6mm of glass is worse (-1.2dB attenuation) than 6mm of dry plywood (-0.8dB attenuation) which is probably the wood I’d use. It gets worse the higher the frequency. (:laughing: I never ever thought I’d type those sentences). So a whole wooden box might not actually be that bad. It seems to depend also on how wet/dry the wood is - thus why I thought plastic top/bottom and also this is easier to mount the board to as well. It should be a consideration for 3D printed cases though because I’ve definitely read - cannot recall where, I think on an RC plane forum - that some plastics will attenuate 2.4Ghz signals more than others, but probably not by much. While I’m happy with a soldering iron, I’m really reluctant to configure the CR26X2R1 board for it’s external antenna as it involves moving an absolutely tiny surface mount capacitor on the board - and obviously also having the correct antenna and tiny MHF4 to SMA lead. A lot to go wrong, and with RF, a lot to introduce issues. So far, the PCB antenna is good for me. :crossed_fingers:

Re transferring from CC2531 to CC26X2R1 when you get it:

1. You have to use the development branch of the Zigbee2MQTT server software with the CC26X2R1.
  2. I kept my original Zigbee2MQTT ‘devices.yaml’ file as this doesn’t change when moving to a new coordinator. And it hopefully has all your friendly names in it already. I just changed the ‘configuration.yaml’ to suit the new board. Don’t forget that you can’t set the channel for the CC26X2R1, it’s fixed in firmware at Zigbee channel 11. This gave me a few hours of frustration until I read somewhere that it’s fixed.
  3. If transferring from a CC2531 @koenkk suggests changing you Pan_ID but I don’t recall doing this.
  4. There’s a very long issue post on @koenkk Github page here that has a lot of historical info from when the CC26X2R1 was released and people first used it with Zigbee2MQTT so that’s a useful info resource. It would be better for that whole discussion to happen here on Discourse instead of in a Github issue, but hey ho.

Good luck and I hope your CC26X2R1 came as quick as mine did all the way from Texas to UK in 3 working days! :+1:

Also, please note, I’ve updated my original post re the Z-Stack 3 firmware as it was misleading.

The update is regarding the CC26X2R1 firmware. I only detailed the current master branch firmware, but there is a much more recent version of the firmware that @koenkk maintains in the development branch.

Update also below:

@koenkk also maintains a development branch here that has a newer firmware, but is obviously development. But then with the CC26X2R1, it’s all pretty much in development and ‘beta’ as the board itself is a development board.”

I am not running the latest firmware and I am finding that my CC26XR1 is very stable and works with all my devices. But if you have problems it might be worth looking at that huge Github issue I mentioned as it may contain info specific to issues you have and the newer firmware may resolve these.

Stuart

1 Like

So the new board has arrived a week or so ago, been sitting on my desk gathering dust whilst i had no time.

Managed to flash it this afternoon, so far been painless experience and signal levels are booming!

Look forward to loading my devices onto it now :grin: especially with everythin gbeing on lock down its a darn good excuse to geek about!

@nickcj tell us about your experience with the new board. I’m another guy with the same problems and I need to decide where to go next :slight_smile:
Thanks @Stuart for all the info already!

Did you guys put an antenna on the board?

Cheers.

Same setup . Still have problems with remote battery operated sensors .
I brought the coord near and coupled but after bringing back to its location drops are there.
I also have a router in between (a xiaomi plug) but for some reason it is ignored by the sensors. Is there a way I can force a sensor to use the nearest router ?

This is really a “hapiness” to read all this after I’ve tried zigbee2mqtt and finding out, that network of just one Xiaomi motion sensor and coordinator (cc2531 with 20190608 firmware) is reliable just for few minutes. Then I need to reset and pair sensor again and it works flawlessly (for few minutes again).

Xiaomi devices works Well, if you have only xiaomi devices. They do note cope Well with other brands, unfortunately.

@zerui sorry fella! i always forget to check this forum!

I am still running the original build on that board, loving it. Everything is so much more stable. I have not added the external antenna on board as it seems to be working well as is it for me… plus im not brave enough haha.