I’m just starting with Zigbee, and while I heard that it can be finicky, I’ve reached the end of my personal troubleshooting.
- Debian buster linux box (no Raspberry)
- CC2531 concentrator with original 1.2 TI firmware
- four Xiaomi sensors (https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/devices/WSDCGQ11LM.html)
- latest zigbee2mqtt
I can’t get any of the sensors to pair. I’ve included the debug log at the end, generally it seems to be “Interview failed because can not get node descriptor”. So the communication between the sensor and the concentrator stops at some point.
What I’ve done:
- different USB ports, with and without extension cable
- re-flashed concentrator, although I doubt it’s that as verify was successful
- kept waking up sensor by clicking button during pairing process
- tried different sensors (I only have these now, but expect to get a mains-powered socket sometime this week)
- verified that the Zigbee network channel is in a range that’s not being used by my wifi
- cleared configuration.yaml, database.db and state.json
- unplugged the concentrator, rebooted the system
What I will do:
- buy and flash a new concentrator
- try a different type of Zigbee device
Anything else I might have missed?
(Somehow this forum’s software seems not really suited for pasting of log files, so I stuck it into pastebin. I hope that’s ok.)