Pls help with Eurotronic SPZB0001 control

Hi everybody,

I own a bunch of Eurotronic SPZB0001 thermostats. Until recently, I used to control these via ioBroker and their zigbee adapter, which is based (or even works in cooperation with?) zigbee2mqtt.

Now I have changed my home automation to home-assistant and am using actual zigbee2mqtt in a docker container. I was able to connect multiple devices (mostly Xiaomi sensors), and during the process, those thermostats connected themselves on their own (= without me initiating pairing) to zigbee2mqtt.

They display their stats via mqtt, but I have not found a way to control them. The official docs only tell me how I can display their linkquality. While this is nice, I’d like to be able to actually read their current set value, measured temperature, and other states they might display and most importantly, change those values via home-assistant, or -if there is no other way- via mqtt.

I am sure this is possible, as ioBroker manages to do this using a CC2531 coordinator flashed with koenkk’s firmware, so zigbee2mqtt ought to be able to report all stats these devices transmit as well as set new values. I just don’t know how to do it.

Does anybody know how to do this? I just waited 30 minutes for some example mqtt output, but -of course right now- there wasn’t any. I even tried to manually trigger it by changing a thermostat, but nothing showed up. I can get home-assistant to display those values

battery
linkquality
current heating setpoint
pi heating demand
eurotronic error status
occupied heating setpoint
unoccupied heating setpoint
eurotronic system mode
local temperature

Thanks in advance for your help :slight_smile: