Unable to pair hue bulbs

I am using ziegbee2mqtt (version 1.15.0-dev (commit #6304442)) on a Raspberry Pi 4 with a CC2531 (Coordinator firmware version: ‘{“meta”:{“maintrel”:3,“majorrel”:2,“minorrel”:6,“product”:0,“revision”:20190608,“transportrev”:2},“type”:“zStack12”}’).
I can pair devices in general (e.g. Xiaomi Aqara door & window sensor) but I have no luck with Philips hue bulbs (I don’t have a Hue bridge).

I tried several different methods (zigbee2mqtt factory reset, using hue remote, …).
Using the hue remote the light flashes (so it definitely resets) and the CC2531 is only about 10 cm away but the bulb is not discovered.

Running with debug I can see the following in the log when I try to pair:

zigbee-herdsman:controller:log Received ‘zcl’ data ‘{“frame”:{“Header”:{“frameControl”:{“frameType”:1,“manufacturerSpecific”:false,“direction”:0,“disableDefaultResponse”:true,“reservedBits”:0},“transactionSequenceNumber”:0,“manufacturerCode”:null,“commandIdentifier”:0},“Payload”:{“transactionID”:2263907229,“zigbeeInformation”:2,“touchlinkInformation”:18}},“address”:“0x0017880103e7903f”,“endpoint”:254,“linkquality”:105,“groupID”:0}’ +1m

The log entry above is repeated 5 times.

Any advice?

Did you try touchlink? I paired my hue bulbs that way.

Yes I tried touchlink… no luck… the only thing left to try for me is connecting the CC2531 via USB extension cable (have tried everything else from https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/information/FAQ.html#no-logging-is-shown-at-all). I will try that tomorrow (when my extension arrives). But I don’t have lots of hopes as other devices pair without problems (Aqara, Hue Dimmer, …). So I would really appreciate any other advice or things to try.

Using USB extension also didn’t resolve the problem unfortunately…

I ordered a pre-flashed CC2531… I think my next step is going to order the Debugger and re-flash it myself…

With my new self-flashed CC2531 pairing worked… So I assume it was either a hardware problem or something went wrong while flashing on the first CC2531 I got.

1 Like

I’m in the same boat as you were. Before I get to the pairing, did you have to do anything else with your self-flashed CC2351 to get it to work? Was it just plug in play, or did you have to change the PAN_ID and re-pair your other devices?

No the self-flashed one worked immediately without any further settings.