Update Ikea devices via ota [failed]

Coordinator CC2530+CC2591
Hassio and addon z2m updated to the last version.

i can not update any device from ikea brand.
log:
zigbee2mqtt:info 2020-03-14 14:44:06: Updating ‘Controller Ikea’ to latest firmware
zigbee2mqtt:info 2020-03-14 14:44:06: MQTT publish: topic ‘zigbee2mqtt/bridge/log’, payload ‘{“type”:“ota_update”,“message”:“Updating ‘Controller Ikea’ to latest firmware”,“meta”:{“status”:“update_in_progress”,“device”:“Controller Ikea”}}’
zigbee2mqtt:error 2020-03-14 14:44:12: Update of ‘Controller Ikea’ failed (Device didn’t respond to OTA request)
zigbee2mqtt:info 2020-03-14 14:44:12: MQTT publish: topic ‘zigbee2mqtt/bridge/log’, payload ‘{“type”:“ota_update”,“message”:“Update of ‘Controller Ikea’ failed (Device didn’t respond to OTA request)”,“meta”:{“status”:“update_failed”,“device”:“Controller Ikea”}}’

1 Like

Remove the battery from your device, bring it close to your coordinator, put the battery back in and try again.

1 Like

Thank you.
I tried, I was not successful anyway

1 Like

Hello,
I’ve the same problem:

[Debug] Received MQTT message on 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/request/device/ota_update/update' with data '{"id":"Przycisk IKEA","transaction":"evxme-7"}'
[Info] Updating 'Przycisk IKEA' to latest firmware
[Info] MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/log', payload '{"message":"Updating 'Przycisk IKEA' to latest firmware","meta":{"device":"Przycisk IKEA","status":"update_in_progress"},"type":"ota_update"}'
[Debug] Updating to latest '0x84fxxxxxxe256cf2' (TRADFRI remote control)
[Debug] Using endpoint '1'
[Debug] Update of 'Przycisk IKEA' failed (Error: Device didn't respond to OTA request)
[Info] MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/Przycisk IKEA', payload '{"action":null,"battery":74,"linkquality":43,"update":{"state":"available"},"update_available":true}'
[Info] MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/log', payload '{"message":"Update of 'Przycisk IKEA' failed (Device didn't respond to OTA request)","meta":{"device":"Przycisk IKEA","status":"update_failed"},"type":"ota_update"}'
[Info] MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/response/device/ota_update/update', payload '{"data":{"id":"Przycisk IKEA"},"error":"Update of 'Przycisk IKEA' failed (Device didn't respond to OTA request)","status":"error","transaction":"evxme-7"}'
[Error] Update of 'Przycisk IKEA' failed (Device didn't respond to OTA request)
[Debug] Error: Device didn't respond to OTA request at requestOTA (/app/node_modules/zigbee-herdsman-converters/lib/ota/common.js:196:15) at Object.updateToLatest (/app/node_modules/zigbee-herdsman-converters/lib/ota/common.js:278:21) at OTAUpdate.onMQTTMessage (/app/lib/extension/otaUpdate.ts:227:21)

Coordinator Sonoff USB 3.0 (based on CC2652P) with latest firmware. Above solution does not working :confused:
Kris

Hello,
it seems that the problem still exists.
I try to update this device IKEA Button and get the following error message:

error Update of 'IKEA_Button_04' failed (Device didn't respond to OTA request)
debug Error: Device didn't respond to OTA request at requestOTA (/app/node_modules/zigbee-herdsman-converters/lib/ota/common.js:196:15) at Object.updateToLatest (/app/node_modules/zigbee-herdsman-converters/lib/ota/common.js:283:21) at OTAUpdate.onMQTTMessage (/app/lib/extension/otaUpdate.ts:256:21)

I’m using Zigbee2Mqqt in a docker and an USB Sonoff Stick.

Are there any news on this topic?

Thanks in advance.

For anyone else stumbling on this thread - this helped me:

Just need to make sure the switch doesn’t go asleep when sending the update command.

What seemed to work for me was turn legacy mode of Sonos Rotary remote on