Understanding&Backup ZigBee2MQTT

Hello together,

first of all big thanks to the developer(s), it is really great. I hope someone can help me with an basic question. I managed it to run a system of one coordinator and a router, thats enough for me.

Questions:
a) How i ideally backup the system? For now i backup the zb2mqtt data-directory of the coordinator. is that enough? what i need to do for example, if the router fails and need to be changed?
b) How are the files configuration.yaml, database.db and the cc2531 chip firmware combined? is there any data on the chip/chip firmware? is there any explanation about how the chip firmware and the driver/zigbee2mqtt-software are working together?

Thank you very much!

There is definitely no data stored on the chip. How I know ? I swapped my CC3531 without antenna for one with antenna, did not have to do anything. Later I swapped again for a CC2530, did not have to do anything again.

I just backup the /data directory after adding devices. However, before each upgrade I copy the whole /opt/zigbee2mqtt directory, so in case of need I can roll-back.

1 Like

Hello francisp,

thank you very much, it seems like an evidence :smiley: