Best adapter for z2m

WHat is the best choice when wanting to replace my old cc2531?
I want to be able to pair +100 devices and it must be very stable.

I replaced my CC2531 with a CC2652RB. Really stable and (I heard) not a problem with many devices, but the link quality even with an external antenna was rather weak. Placing a CC2530 router with signal amplifier in the house greatly improved those.

Thanks
Is it the slaesh’s CC2652RB stick from the campatible list?

Yes, that’s the one.

I use the Ti CC26X2 board and see very good RF coverage with the onboard PCB antenna.

Okay :slight_smile:
What changes has to be made to make it work with zigbee2mqtt, after swapping with the CC2531

You have to change the PAN-ID in the configuration.yaml and re-connect all devices. And the port for the stick will be different.
See here:

Okay, thanks :slight_smile: I will have a look at it.

Depending on where you are located: send slaesh an e-mail and ask for the stick to be sent to you in a small envelope. He was so nice to do that for me and saved a ton of shipping costs. He lives in Germany.

1 Like

Thanks for the hint :+1:

I use the same one from Slaesh and it works good.
The only devise didn’t want to connect from 1st attempt was TRV from Drayton Wiser but even it connected after few tries and works good so far. Regarding low signal - I don’t experience this issue as have quite a few sockets that works as routers

Yeah, about that: I also did try to improve the network with a few cheap zigbee plugs. Didn’t really help much. Maybe if you have three of them in every room it does.
But the CC2530 router I built works like a charm and has superior range.

I guess that might be the way to go. I also considered: