IKEA LED1624G9 Color Temperature

I have been controlling this type bulb for on/off, brightness, color xy as specified on the IKEA LED1732G11 control via MQTT | Zigbee2MQTT page.

Looking at the IKEA product page, I see it says that in addition to color changes, that it can do white color temperatures. Here is the text I found:

Add the gateway and app to also switch between Cold sky (6000 Kelvin), Cool daylight (5000 Kelvin), Sunrise (3000 Kelvin), Peach, Dark red, Light pink, Dark pink, Dark purple, Blue, Lime and Yellow.

I find that if I try to send {"color_temp":3000} to the zigbee2mqtt/bulb/set, it seems to do nothing. Am I using the wrong topic or is color temperature not supported and could it be supported?

Color temp takes values between 150 and 500 acording to the documentation:

color_temp : To control the color temperature (in reciprocal megakelvin a.k.a. mired scale) publish a message to topic zigbee2mqtt/FRIENDLY_NAME/set with payload {"color_temp": VALUE} where VALUE is a number between 150 and 500 , the higher the warmer the color. To read the color temperature send a message to zigbee2mqtt/FRIENDLY_NAME/get with payload {"color_temp": ""} .

I havent tested this myself. I used the limits 250-454 if 150-500 don’t work you can try 250-454 instead.

PS. I will try the new limit (150-500) because I’m sure I tested my way to the limits I use but the project has developed much since.