What do the colours and Terms mean on the map

What do the different colours and types of lines mean on the Map?

1 Like

No one know? I really can’t decipher it.

I have been tracking this topic because I too was wanting to know what the colors mean.

Me too I wish know the meaning of the colors and the type of line (dash or not). Is the number on th eline the link quality (LQI)? If yes why it is not the same number in the Home tab?

Regards

I don’t know them all, but I can tell you the following:

Blue text = router device (mains powered and able to route messages)
Green text = end node (usually battery powered)

The number on the line is the link quality between those two devices (not to be confused with the LQ to the co-ordinator that shows up in the table of info)

The Blue Star is your co-ordinator. There’s only one per network.

The bit I’m not so sure on… I think
hard line = main connection route for comms
dashed line = additional connection route for comms

If someone has more info, please correct me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Everything you describe makes a lot of sense. My only question if you nailed it is why in the example in this thread is there no solid line from the lower left bulb to the coordinator?

I honestly don’t know. I would guess that it would appear if the option “none of the above” was ticked. However, I am not aware of exactly what “none of the above” actually means in full.

Or, I guess it may well be possible that devices don’t have a primary connection and just work off secondary connections perhaps.

The other part I haven’t figured out yet is that some lines are straight and others are curved. It does appear to have some meaning but I’m not sure what as yet.

Thanks for yours explanations. Just a question:

The number on the line is the link quality between those two devices (not to be confused with the LQ to the co-ordinator that shows up in the table of info)

You mean that the LQI in the home tab is the link quality directly between device and coordinator whitout take care of routers?
So Link Quality in the MQTT message is the quality between device and coordinator too?

I think this is how it was paired. Had loads of issues with it and the older Button.