Ad: Buy ready2use zigbee2mqtt stick - flashed, antenna mod and printed case

I’m now also able to flash the Sonoff RF Bridge with OpenMqttGateway.

You may ask yourself why I want to offer flashed Sonoff RF Bridges when I already have the DIY OMG IR/RF/BLE/Led device.

Well first of all if someone only wants RF (in an industrial case) the Sonoff RF may be the better choice. And because I only need to flash it and save a lot of time soldering and making the device it will be cheaper.
So I think it’s nice to have this option too.

I appreciate that these may be pay up front and then you order the parts given the relative cost, but is the CC1352P-2 on your radar (see here and here)?

Hi @Tinkerer I’m always open for new projects. For instance I made the milight hub, because a user asked me if I I can build it.

I already saw those devices, but as you mentioned the cost for the parts is already pretty expensive, so things would add up. Currently I don’t plan to do one for myself, because my network works stable with the devices I already have (modded CC2531 and CC2530). If someone is interested in this they can always contact me via pm or email.

If I build a CC1352P-2 I will of course put a picture of it in this thread.

Thanks, and I have to say the modified CC2531 and CC2530 I ordered from you are doing great work. I’m just looking to the future :smiley:

1 Like

I am interested in the cc2531 with the antenna zigbee2mqtt for my raspberry pi 3+ to connect my aqara devices.
What is the price of this unit?
Shipping to Netherlands.

Any cases for the rpi3b PLUS a CC2652R?:slightly_smiling_face:

@Ivovangent I will send you a pm soon.

@LoPro no sorry and I currently don’t plan to make one. But you can find a nice case for the CC2652R at thingiverse. But that doesn’t include the pi.

I think what you do is amazing @h4nc. I ordered the CC2531 with the antenna and I have to say that I am very happy with it. I have seen an improvement in range with this modification and also it doesn’t look too boring, much better with the USB case. I totally recommend getting one from him :+1:

2 Likes

@h4nc, I’m interested in 1 cc2531 coordinator and 2 cc2530 flashed as router, please pm

1 Like

I also have the CC2531 from @h4nc as a daily ZigBee driver. The range is great and the price fair! Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got a Stick from @h4nc yesterday and are now up and running. Up until now it works great, great communication, fair price, can recommend it.

/Peter

1 Like

Just a quick update:

I added the option to get a step-up module (12V) for the transmitter of the rflink mini. This way the transmitter range gets better.

I made some changes to the milight hub too. The model with the external antenna got an LED which shows the the state of the hub (does the same like the internal LED, so it is configurable in the UI). The LED blinks through the logo (letters Mi). The Antenna outlet is on the side now (not on the top any more). Both the USB cable and the antenna went to the same side. I also added the option to get a white antenna for the Milight hub. Mind that the NRF module isn’t always red (could be black too).

Additionally I made another version of the hub. It has a pcb antenna and therefore the hub gets smaller. The range might be a little bit worse, but I got no range issues in my house with that.

Hi can you send me a PM with the available items and prices + shipping cost to the Netherlands. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I made another zigbee device. Mind that this won’t be compatible with zigbee2mqtt, because it’s a different project.

The project is called Zigbee2Tasmota (Z2T) and again I want to mention that all the credits about the software go to the developers.
Again I made a PCB and a case. The device is based on a nodemcu and a CC2530. Of course I will preflash the devices, but if needed it is possible to flash the CC2530 (maybe because of an update) with a CCDebugger or with the Nodemcu itself (you can find how to do that in the attached link above).

I for myself will still stick to zigbee2mqtt, because it works fine and never change a running system :wink:
However I think it is an interesting project and I’d like to see where it goes. Currently not many devices are supported, so for now I would recommend this project for tinkerers only (who are ok with facing issues in a new developing project).
The main benefit compared to the Z2M sticks is that you can place the Z2T (Zigbee2Tasmota) stick where you want because it doesn’t need something like a raspi running z2m to it.

1 Like

Interested in purchasing a pre-flashed CC2531 as a controller and CC2530 as a router. Can you PM me the price?

1 Like

I have some premade sticks available again.

Hi @h4nc

I was wondering if you still do these devices. I’ve wrote you an email but didn’t get any reply yet.

Sorry for any inconvenience if you don’t do that anymore

Hi @brunoxido

That’s strange, I did not get an email from you and yes, I still make them. I will send you a PM.

Hi,

Nice to read you are still around!

Let’s continue via PM

1 Like

Got them! Asked for a coordinator and a router, and worked prefectly, plus the good design ofc.

Have to say I did receive it days before this post, but didn’t had a chance until now to use the sticks, and wanted to write after I tested them.

Thanks man!

1 Like