QBKG22LM Xiaomi Aqara 2 gang wired (no neutral)

Hi all,

I am moving from Samsung SmartThings hub to Home Assistant. Currently, I am using Hass.io (raspberry pi) with zigbee2mqtt add-on as well as Mosquitto Broker (MQTT) add-on.

I have successfully paired by two of my IKEA Tradfri and the devices are visible at MQTT device list. From there, i can directly control the lights from home assistant as the entity assigned to them are “light”.

However, for my Aqara QBKG22LM 2 gang, which i connect my lights to the switch physically, the entity found is “click” and “switch”. Nothing happened when i toggle the “switch” button. there is no switch or button in the entities for left and right switch.

How do i go about in making this work so that i can control those left and right switch from Home Assistant?

I am very very new at this, i am still learning. Thanks for your insights.

here is the error log obtained from zigbee2mqtt add-on log when i toggle on the “Wall Switch_switch”.

zigbee2mqtt:error 2020-08-07 02:09:47: Publish ‘set’ ‘state’ to ‘Wall Switch’ failed: ‘Error: Command 0x00158d00040abe9b/1 genOnOff.on({}, {“timeout”:10000,“disableResponse”:false,“disableDefaultResponse”:false,“direction”:0,“srcEndpoint”:null,“reservedBits”:0,“manufacturerCode”:null,“transactionSequenceNumber”:null}) failed (Timeout - 13082 - 1 - 30 - 6 - 11 after 10000ms)’
zigbee2mqtt:info 2020-08-07 02:09:47: MQTT publish: topic ‘zigbee2mqtt/bridge/log’, payload ‘{“type”:“zigbee_publish_error”,“message”:“Publish ‘set’ ‘state’ to ‘Wall Switch’ failed: ‘Error: Command 0x00158d00040abe9b/1 genOnOff.on({}, {“timeout”:10000,“disableResponse”:false,“disableDefaultResponse”:false,“direction”:0,“srcEndpoint”:null,“reservedBits”:0,“manufacturerCode”:null,“transactionSequenceNumber”:null}) failed (Timeout - 13082 - 1 - 30 - 6 - 11 after 10000ms)’”,“meta”:{“friendly_name”:“Wall Switch”}}’

It is more a homeassistant question than a zigbee2mqtt question. In HA, don’t use the switch, use either a device trigger or a mqtt trigger.